www.Syngenta.com/Country/IN (“Site”) is owned and operated by Syngenta India Limited (“Syngenta”). Syngenta values the privacy of individuals who visit Syngenta’s Site and is committed to respecting the legal requirements that exist regarding the personal privacy of the individuals who use this Site. This Privacy Statement describes Syngenta’s current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by Syngenta through this Site.
In this Policy, “Syngenta” refers to Syngenta India Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates. “Site” refers to www.Syngenta.com/Country/IN “Personal Data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural or legal person, for example, the name, age, e-mail address or mailing address of the individual.
This Privacy Statement is included in and is part of the www.Syngenta.com/Country/IN and Conditions of Use. By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data as set forth in this Privacy Statement. This is, however, subject to the specific statements regarding Personal Data which may be published on this Site. If such specific statements regarding Personal Data are actually provided, they shall prevail in case of any conflicts with this Privacy Statement.
Syngenta endeavors to continuously improve and add new functionalities and features to its Site. These ongoing improvements, changes in the law or changes in technology may require changes to this Privacy Statement.
Syngenta reserves the right to update or modify this Privacy Statement at any time without any notification. For this reason, we encourage you to review this Privacy Statement every time you use this Site. You may access the current version of this Privacy Statement at any time by clicking on the button marked "Privacy Statement" at the bottom of each page of this Site.
Your use of this Site following any such change constitutes your agreement that the Personal Data collected from or about you through this Site after the revised Privacy Statement is posted will be subject to the terms of the revised Privacy Statement. Syngenta, however, will not apply changes to this Privacy Statement to any Personal Data that Syngenta has collected before the revised Privacy Statement was posted on this Site.
Personal Data Collected Through the Website:
- Personal Data You Provide:
Syngenta collects the Personal Data that you provide to us when you use this Site. This Personal Data may include, for example, your name, the name of your company, your or your company's mailing address and your e-mail address. Subject to the contents of this Privacy Statement your Personal Data will be kept strictly confidential.Syngenta uses the Personal data you provide when you use this Site to provide the information, services and products that you may request. For example, we may use your e-mail address to respond to your comments and questions. In some cases, the Site will allow registration to promotional events; we will use your email or mailing address to provide brochures, maps and event information.
Syngenta also uses the Personal Data collected through this Site to improve the content and functionality of this Site, to better understand our customers and markets, to improve our products and services and to market our products and services to our customers and potential customers, including those who are registered users of this Site. From time to time, we may contact you with information about agricultural products and services. If you do not want us to contact you for such purposes, please notify us via our Webmaster.
- Click-Stream Data:
Syngenta uses technology to track your use of this Site, for example, which pages you view and which links you use. This information about your use of this Site is called "click-stream data." Click-stream data helps us determine what is important to you, and what is not. It helps us decide what content and features to add and what to discard. It also helps us determine whether our Site is easy to use or whether we need to redesign certain pages and links. Click-stream data does not usually identify you personally. If Syngenta links any click-stream data to your personal name we will treat it as personal data.
Your computer may be specially configured to reject cookies: please refer to your browser for more information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave a site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our sites, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our sites.”
Disclosure of Personal Data collected through this Site:
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Our Affiliates: Syngenta may share Personal Data collected through this Site with its subsidiaries and affiliates, who may use the Personal Data in the same ways as Syngenta may use the Personal Data (i.e. according to this Privacy Statement). If you do not want Syngenta to share your Personal Data with its subsidiaries and affiliates, please notify us via our Webmaster.
- Disclosure of Personal Data to Unrelated Third-Parties: Syngenta, its subsidiaries and affiliates may share Personal Data collected through this Site with third-parties throughout the world who act for or on behalf of Syngenta and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates, for example, companies that provide support services to us, including data processing services, or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the Personal Data we share with them for any other purpose than those to which we have notified you under this Privacy Statement.
- Transfer of Personal Data Abroad: Syngenta and its subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in a global business and have facilities and databases in different countries. Syngenta and its subsidiaries and affiliates may, from time to time, transfer your Personal Data to a database belonging to Syngenta, an affiliate, a subsidiary, or a third-party in another country for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. When Syngenta does so, Syngenta will take reasonable precautions, in accordance with applicable law, to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data.
- Transfer of Personal Data in other Cases: In addition to the above, there may be some other, limited circumstances in which Syngenta or its subsidiaries or affiliates may share or transfer the Personal Data in their databases to an unrelated third party, for example, to comply with a legal requirement and/or for the administration of justice, and/or to protect your or your company's vital interests, and/or in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, Syngenta will contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data against unauthorized use or disclosure. If you do not want Syngenta to share your personal data with third parties under these strictly controlled conditions, please notify us via our Webmaster.
Data Integrity and Security:
Syngenta will take commercially reasonable measures to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of the Personal Data in our databases and to protect the security of our databases. We keep your Personal Data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal reporting or document retention requirements. Our servers and our databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection. The employees who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols. Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alternation or destruction of data, we try to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Protecting Your Own Privacy : Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Data online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Data Access and Corrections : You may wish to access or correct Personal Data collected through this Site by approaching our Data Privacy Officer. Please provide enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data. We will respond to your requests in a prompt and proper manner. However, requests to correct or delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal reporting or document retention obligations imposed on Syngenta.
Syngenta does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen, please do not give us any Personal Data. If you have a reason to believe that a child, who is under the age of eighteen, has provided Personal Data to Syngenta through this Site, please contact us via our Data Privacy Officer, and we will endeavor to delete that Personal Data from our databases.
Hyperlinks to other website
- Hyperlinks to Web Sites of subsidiaries and affiliates:
This Privacy Statement applies only to Syngenta.com/Country/IN. Syngenta and its subsidiaries and affiliates operate many different types of Web sites for different purposes and in different countries where different laws may apply. If you visit another Web site operated by Syngenta or its subsidiary or affiliate, please take a moment to review the Privacy Statement posted on that site to learn what Personal Data may be collected through that site and how it is processed.
- Hyperlinks to third party Web sites:
This Site may contain hyperlinks to Web sites that are not operated by Syngenta or one of its subsidiaries and affiliates. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these third-party Web sites or any association with their operators. Syngenta does not control these Web sites and is not responsible for their data practices. We urge you to review the Privacy Statement/ Policy posted on any Web site you visit before using the Web site or providing any Personal Data about yourself.
Questions about Our Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or any concerns about the way www.Syngenta.com/Country/IN processes your personal data, please notify us via our Data Privacy Officer. :