Syngenta is committed to the responsible and ethical management of Crop protection products throughout the product cycle to maximize benefits and minimize risks.
We train growers and farm workers to use our products safely and effectively through stewardship and field activities across India with support from our commercial teams. The team spends 15 minutes at the beginning of every farmer meeting to train the growers on safe use practices.
These training sessions have focused on The Five Golden Rules for Safe Use of Crop Protection Products.
These are as follows:
- Before using, read and understand the product label
- Exercise caution at all times when handling a product
- Maintain application equipment in good working condition
- Practice good personal hygiene before, during, and after using products
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
Through our various stewardship initiatives, we have covered 7.48 million people from 2014 to 2019 in that 2.5 million were smallholders. We covered most of the states of India.