Partnering to deliver impactful mosquito control
The impact of malaria on people and communities can be devastating and while improved prevention and control measures have led to a significant reduction in malaria mortality rates globally, malaria is yet to be eradicated from many countries.
At Syngenta, we believe that people around the world deserve to live their lives uninterrupted by malaria. We are committed to improving health and quality of life and have invested in developing tools to meet the challenges you face in malaria mosquito control. One of these tools is ICON® 10CS which has been specifically designed for use in indoor residual spraying and the advanced micro-encapsulated technology provides very long residual control of mosquitoes.
ICON® 10CS for public health and malaria control programs
- Delivers exceptional long-lasting residual control of mosquitoes at low dose rates
- A flexible option for vector control and it can be used as a residual treatment on a wide range of surfaces
- ICON® 10CS has been proven efficacy in malaria control programs across Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Recommended for use in Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Field trials of ICON® 10CS as IRS for malaria vector control were successfully completed by National Institute of Malaria Research in India
- ICON® 10CS has low odour and non-staining properties which means household are accepting of the treatment
World Malaria Day
World Malaria Day is April 25
#WorldMalariaDay. Learn how we help protect millions of people from #malaria infection through the development of new #mosquito control innovations in collaboration with the Innovative Vector Control Consortium. #ZEROby40 #EndMalaria